top of page
Accepting New Clients
- Our providers consistently want to improve our therapeutic skills regardless of our education, training, expertise, or length of time in the field.
- We believe that all humans, including therapists, are fallible and make mistakes. We encourage patient feedback directly to our staff.
- Additionally, we would like your input on the services you have received. Would you please fill out the anonymous survey to help us improve?
- Our staff believes in the assumptions within Dialectal Behavioral Therapy, created by Marsha Linehan.
Our Beliefs about Therapists
- The most caring thing a therapist can do is help patients change in ways that bring them closer to their ultimate goals.
- Clarity, precision, and compassion are of utmost importance.
- The therapeutic relationship is a real relationship between equals.
- Principles of behavior are universal, affecting therapists no less than patients.
Our Beliefs About Patients
- Patients are doing the best they can.
- Patients want to improve.
- Patients need to do, better try harder, and be more motivated to change.
- Patients must learn new behaviors in all relevant contexts.
- Patients may not have caused all of their own problems, but they have to solve them anyway.
bottom of page